A key aspect of the policy process is agenda setting. How do topics get on that agenda? Agenda setting requires the support of stakeholders to move the issue forward. In this week’s media presentation, Dr. Kathleen White outlines the policy process and discusses how to move issues into the policy arena through agenda setting. The ultimate goal is to gain the attention of leadership whether at the organizational, local, state, national, or international level
- Review this weekâ€™s media presentation, focusing on the insights shared by Dr. White and Dr. Stanley on agenda setting and identification of stakeholders.
- Brainstorm clinical practice issues that you believe are worthy of being on your organizationâ€™s systematic agenda.
- Who are the stakeholders who would be interested in this clinical practice issue?
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the clinical practice issue you would like to see on your organizationâ€™s systematic agenda.
- What strategies would you use to inform stakeholders and persuade them of the importance of your identified clinical practice issue?