- Week 5: Pharmacotherapy of Depression
- Week 5 Assignment 2: Depression Treatment Guidelines
Week 5 Assignment 2: Depression Treatment Guidelines
Due: Sunday, 5 February 2023, 11:55 PM
To do: Make a submission
Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Grading Category: Assignments
Review the depression treatment guidelines (i.e., APA, VA/DoD, NICE) on the Learning Materials page for this week in the clinical resources section.
- Compare the recommendations.
- Which guidelines do you find most useful? Why?
- Which guidelines do you find least useful? Why?
- Compare and contrast each of the guidelines and provide rationale for which one you are most likely to use as a first-line reference tool going forward in your practice.
- Give one clear example of a clinical practice situation where you could implement the guidelines and support with information from your source.
- Read the questions for this assignment and consider the learning materials you reviewed this week in the course.
- Reflect on what is being asked and answer each of the questions posed to you.
- Your paper should be 2- to 3-pages in length, excluding title and reference page. Your assignment should have a minimum of three-peer reviewed supporting references in APA format.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
- Stahl, S. (2021).â€¯Essentials of Psychopharmacology (5th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Stahl, S. (2020). Essential psychopharmacology: The prescriber’s guide (7th ed.). Cambridge University Press. (Reference as needed.)
- Antidepressant Information (PDF)
- The Carlat Report:â€¯Four newer antidepressants: Should you use them? (2017).
American Psychiatric Association. (2013).â€¯Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (PDF) (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- Scan pages 123â€“189