Please see attached document under files for the assignment (week 12 SOAP note). Please rewrite and paraphrase this document in a word document format. The word document should be in the same format following the attached (Sample Great note spring) as a step by step guide. Thank you
1) Pick a subtype of depression (major depressive disorder) and elaborate on the diagnostic criteria (per the DSM-5) that you would use to diagnose this particular disorder. Design a hypothetical treatment plan for this diagnosis.
2) There has been significant debate within recent years regarding the â€œblack box warningâ€ (issued by the FDA in 2004) for increased risk of suicidality in the pediatric and young adult population. Do you believe this warning is still relevant today? Explain why or why not.
3) What are some effective techniques that providers can use to incorporate CBT-based approaches in treating somatoform disorders in pediatric patients?
4) In what ways can providers address psychosocial problems that may be contributing to a child’s condition and how can they communicate these issues to the child and family?
Please see attached files:
- Case study questions and depression video transcript( I also copied the YouTube video link to the transcript at the beginning of the of the page if you prefer to watch it. Thanks
Mary is a 50-year-old female who presents to the PMHNP with chief complaint of “feeling down”. She has been taking citalopram 30mg daily for the past two years from her PCP but feels she has not gotten any better. She endorses depressed mood and anhedonia . She denies thoughts of harming herself or anyone else, but does endorse low self-esteem and is particularly focused on her recent weight gain.
What treatment recommendations would you have for Mary?
Sylvia is a 60-year-old female who presents to the PMHNP with chief complaint of “feeling down”. She has been taking citalopram 40mg daily for the past two years from her PCP but feels she has not gotten any better. She endorses depressed mood and anhedonia. She has trouble falling asleep, has been overeating, and has gained about 15 lbs in the past year. She worked as a waitress for over 40 years but left her job about three years ago after her husband had a stroke because she needed to care for him. She shares that he has had a full recovery and no longer needs her assistance, but that she never returned to work and barely leaves the house. She denies thoughts of harming herself or anyone else, but does endorse low self-esteem and is particularly focused on her recent weight gain.
What treatment recommendations would you have for Sylvia?
In terms of medication, what would your plan be? Be specific in terms of any changes you might make.
Name one medication that you would avoid using in Sylvia and why.
For this assignment, you will write a 5-7 page paper (body) on how the brain is impacted by depression?
Requirements for Paper and Presentation:
- Review the literature
- Select at least four sources (you can select more): three must be journal articles
- For this assignment, I would also encourage you to review videos on YouTube and/or tedtalks
- Your presentation should include an overview of the literature regarding your topic, why this information is important to social work, and a reference page. Your creativity is welcomed.
- You will also need to connect your findings to the social, psychological, and biological impact of individuals who have experienced these topics.
You must provide a handout to the class that would be useful in practice.
Possible paper and presentation organization
II. What has research found about this:
a. How does depression affect people biologically
b. How does depression affect people psychologically
c. How does depression affect people socially
III. Why is this important to social work
a. if this a problem what is the treatment?