Begin this assignment by accessing the enhanced version of theBRFSS Prevalence and Trends Tool.
You have the option of exploring the prevalence data by location or topic. Both routes enable you to view and download prevalence estimates through charts, graphs, and maps based on the path you direct. This version provides access to prevalence estimates from the BRFSS core data at the state level as well as data from Selected Metropolitan/Micropolitan Area Risk Trends (SMART). The prevalence estimates have been updated to include both crude prevalence and age-adjusted prevalence.
Submit your document as a Microsoft Word Document to the assignment drop box by the due date. Label your assignment with your first initial, last name and assignment name (for example, CPattonCaseStudy1). (THIS WILL BE ADDED BY ME)
- In the NRFSS Prevalence and Trends tool, select your state.(MA) Choose the class (EPIDEMIOLOGY) and topic (STATISTICS), and 2019 as the year.
- View by: Overall. Response: All responses. Data Type: Crude Prevalence.
- Run the following reports:
- Write a summary statement of one or two sentences about each of the reports you ran (step 3).
- Describe, in Â½â€“1 page, how you will use/apply these epidemiologic findings in your practice as a DNP-prepared nurse.
- Describe, in Â½â€“1 page, your area of greatest learning from this assignment and using this database.