BE SURE TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS! Points will be deducted for not following page requirements, for using unnecessary and excessive spacing to reach page requirements, and for not using professional writing.
Watch the video in this module:
Dan Pink: The Puzzle of Motivation | Ted Talk
Then, address the following questions:
- 1- Describe your basic reaction to the video. What are your thoughts, what are your take-aways?
- 2-In your life, are you an intrinsically or extrinsically motivated person? What about in your job? Is your job based on “if-then rewards”? If so, how does this affect you as an employee?
- 3-Dan Pink suggests that there is a mismatch between what science has proven to be true about human behavior and how business manages it. Do you agree? What business practices should be updated?
- 4-Dan Pink states that important elements to motivation are Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose. Would you agree? Have you experienced one or more of these elements in your career? How has it affected you?
- 5-In his talk, Dan Pink mentions ROWE – which stands for “Results Only Work Environment.” In these environments, there are few rules, no schedules, and no mandatory meetings. It’s simply up to the employee to get his/her work done efficiently and effectively. What do you think of this type of work environment? Could it be successful? What are its challenges?
Responses should be uploaded as a Word document or PDF, single spaced, and at least 3-5 pages. Please use a question and answer format. Professional writing, full sentences (no bullet points), and proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc. are required.