Create a PowerPoint with 12-15 slides, which addresses the key issues in the relationship between criminal laws and the legislature.
- Provide a Title Slide and a References Slide.
- Provide slides on the following topics:
- What is a Legislature?
- Why does a Legislature make substantive criminal law?
- What is the difference between substantive criminal law and procedural criminal law?
- What crimes are considered mala in se crimes?
- What crimes are considered mala prohibita crimes?
- Why are crimes and punishments sometimes different in different states?
- What makes for a good law?
- What makes for a bad law?
- What is a legislator supposed to do?
- Who interprets the law?
- What role do governmental agencies play in interpreting statutes?
- How can laws be changed?
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” (Attached), for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 30 words.
Utilize a minimum of three to five scholarly, relevant sources to support your content.