Course Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate projects objectively by various methods, select best projects among possible alternatives and leads to problem solving (Lo 2.10).
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the concepts and models for making strategies to face challenges and improve the performance of technology based enterprises. (Lo 1.2)
Few companies change the world by leading a technological revolution, and fewer still do it more than once. Apple is one of them. It is considered one of the most successful companies in history and the World’s most innovative company in technology areas. This company established itself as the trendsetter in mobile devices.
Study the innovative performance of Apple by answering the following questions:
- Describe any three innovative or new products or projects introduced by Apple on global market during the last three years (from 2017 to 2019). (1 mark)
- Evaluate the performance of these three products/projects based on: (1.5 marks)
- What is the most performant project among those you chose? Justify(0.5 mark)
- What are the main business processes and practices used by the company to stay a leader in a hypercompetitive Cell phone industry?(1 mark)
- Do these innovations have environmental cost? Explain.(0.5 mark)
- How does Apple manage the risks of environmental uncertainty? (0.5 mark)
- Time to market (considering the time interval of the successive innovations on the same product)
- The innovation intensity and the technological complexity
- Market share of every innovative/new product.
- For this context, a project is synonym of product.
- Maximum words for the entire assignment: from 1000 to 1200 words.
- It is mandatory to mention all references used.
- Using terminology developed in your course will be highly valued