With a well thought out plan, you can achieve virtually any goal you set for yourself. And making a plan is crucial for continuing your education to build further skills and knowledge that can be applied to your work.
For this assignment, you are going to develop a plan for continuing education in psychopharmacology. The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize you with continuing education materials and to begin developing habits that will keep your psychopharmacology skills and knowledge up to date.
Familiarize yourself with various learning resources and continuing education opportunities including but not limited to reference books, clinical journals, newsletters, professional organizations, conferences, CME events, local psychiatry grand rounds, psychiatry podcasts (several universities podcast their grand rounds).
- Identify the resources that you find most useful. What do you like about them?
- Which resources are appropriate for use on a routine basis for point of care clinical information?
- Which resources are helpful for staying current with emerging information in psychopharmacology?
- Which resources are useful for in depth learning on topics of interest?
- What is the feasibility of these resources in terms of cost, time and travel?
- Develop a continuing education plan. This is your commitment to independent learning. Identify the actions that you plan to take:
The main ideas are to:
- Identify your psychopharmacology learning goals.
- Research available resources including journals, newsletters, lecture series (such as grand rounds), conferences. Then, create a learning plan to meet your learning goals.
- Note when you would like to complete each goal and the feasibility of the time range.
- Note future plans for your continuing education that would allow to reach your goals.
Your assignment should be in APA format with evidence-based references to support your statements.