- My courses
- Week 14: Complimentary Care in Mental Health
- Week 14 Assignment 1: Continuing Education Plan
Week 14 Assignment 1: Continuing Education Plan
Due: Sunday, 9 April 2023, 11:55 PM
To do: Make a submission
Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Grading Category: Continuing Education Plan
With a well- thought-out plan, you can achieve virtually any goal you set for yourself. In addition, making a plan is crucial for continuing your education to build further skills and knowledge that can be applied to your work.
For this assignment, you are going to develop a plan for continuing education in psychopharmacology. The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize you with continuing education materials and to begin developing habits that will keep your psychopharmacology skills and knowledge up to date.
Familiarize yourself with various learning resources and continuing education opportunities including, but not limited to, reference books, clinical journals, newsletters, professional organizations, conferences, CME events, local psychiatry grand rounds, and psychiatry podcasts (several universities podcast their grand rounds). Please answer the following:
- Identify the resources that you find most useful. What do you like about them?
- Which resources are appropriate for use on a routine basis for point of care clinical information?
- Which resources are helpful for staying current with emerging information in psychopharmacology?
- Which resources are useful for in- depth learning on topics of interest?
- What is the feasibility of these resources in terms of cost, time, and travel?
- Develop a continuing education plan. This is your commitment to independent learning. Identify the actions that you plan to take and include the following:
The main ideas are to:
- Identify your psychopharmacology learning goals. Research available resources, including journals, newsletters, lecture series (such as grand rounds), and conferences. Then, create a learning plan to meet your learning goals.
- Note when you would like to complete each goal and the feasibility of the allotted time range.
- Note future plans for your continuing education that would allow you to reach your goals.
Your assignment should be in APA format with evidence-based references to support your statements.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.