Look at the list of articles you identified in Week 1 Discussion 2: Initial Review of the Literature. (Use same articles used in assignment #34278) Choose one of the articles perform a critique of the article using the Qualitative Critique Guidelines (PDF) as a template. Articles attached. See Qualitative Critique Guidelines below:
The Qualitative Critique Template
Statement of the Problem (10 points)
- Is the phenomenon of interest clearly identified?
- Has the researcher identified why the phenomenon requires a qualitative format?
- Are the philosophical underpinnings of the study described?
Purpose (10 points)
- Is the purpose for conducting the research made explicit?
- Does the researcher describe the studyâ€™s significance to nursing?
Method (10 points)
- Is the method used to collect data compatible with the purpose of the research?
- Is the method adequate to address the phenomenon of interest?
Sampling (10 points)
- Does the researcher describe the selection of participants? Is purposive sampling used?
- Are the informants who were chosen appropriate to inform the research?
Human Subject Protection (10)
1. Is the protection of human subjects addressed?
Data Collection (10 points)
- Is data collection focused on human experience?
- Does the researcher describe the data collection strategies? (i.e. interview, observation,field notes)
- Is saturation of the data described?
- Are the procedures for collecting the data made explicit?
Regis College 2NU726 Advanced Research Methods for EBP I
Data Analysis (30 points) (10 points)
- Does the researcher describe the strategies used to analyze the data?
- Has the researcher remained true to the data?
- Does the reader understand the procedures used to analyze the data?
Does the researcher address:
Is the strategy used for analysis compatible with the purpose of the study?
Audibilityo Canthereaderfollowthethinkingoftheresearcher?o Doestheresearcherdocumenttheresearchprocess?
The fittingness of the data?o Can the findings be applied outside of the study situation?o Are the results meaningful to individuals not involved in the research?
6. Findings:o Arethestudyfindingspresentedwithinacontext?o Is the reader able to understand the experience of the participants from the report
of the findings?o Aretheresearcherâ€™sconceptualizationstruetothedata?o Doestheresearcherplacethereportofthefindingsinthecontextofwhatis
already known about the phenomenon
Conclusions, Implications and Recommendations (10 points)
- Do the conclusions, implications and recommendations give the reader a context in which to use the study findings?
- Do the conclusions reflect the findings of the study?
- Are recommendations for future study offered?
- Is the significance of the study to nursing made explicit?
Regis College 3NU726 Advanced Research Methods for EBP I
APA Format: This is a formal paper. The APA format must be used (correct title page, headers, page numbers and correct reference format). Spelling, punctuation and grammar do count in the presentation of all written work. Points (up to 10 points) will be taken off for problems in format and grammar.