1. Write a paper which answers one of the questions below.
2. double-spaced. Minimum length: three pages.
1. What was the status — fictional and real — of women in Hollywood from the 1950 to
2. If the movie spectacular was basically a failure in the 60s, why did it re-emerge and surge
in popularity as the “blockbuster” in the 70s? Was there an essential differentiating trait
between the “big” movies of these two eras? Actors? Stories? Effects? Sound?
3. Discuss sex and violence in movies of the 70s. What do you think brought on
increasingly graphic scenes of sex in general, but also violent sex and even rape?