For this discussion, please answer the following:
- Do you feel terminally ill patients should have a right to choose when they die? Explain at least three reasons why you feel that way.
- Some people worry about the “slippery slope” surrounding the legalization of assisted suicide. Do you feel that there is validity in the arguments? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about the fact that the death penalty is legal in 30 states but medically assisted suicide is only legal in 8 states & Washington DC? In general, why do you think it’s more accepted practice to choose to put someone to death than to allow a terminally patient to carry out their own death?
To receive full credit, you must complete the following:
1. Answer the questions above, utilizing facts/information in the following articles and videos.
2. Post a second entry (either for or against) a classmate’s argument. Your second entry should give specifics of why you agree or disagree and should bring new information or facts into the discussion.