In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of â€œrestrictiveâ€ practice ranging from requirements for a â€œsupervisingâ€ physician to requirements for a â€œcollaborativeâ€ agreement with a physician.
In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
-number of pages =2 This is for a Nurse Practitioner
To Prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review practice agreements in your state.
- -Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state.
For this Practicum Journal:
- -Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.
- -Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
- -Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
- -Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.