CASE STUDY FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT:
LM is an 86-year-old female admitted to the emergency department with delirium. Her spouse is with her and verifies that LM adheres to the medications she is currently prescribed. She does not self-monitor her BP or heart rate at home.
- AFib was diagnosed 1 month ago
- HTN x 10 years
- CKD x 5 years
- Osteoarthritis x 7 years
- GERD x 20 years
- Digoxin 0.25 mg QD
- Metoprolol XL 25mg QD
- Warfarin 3 mg QD
- APAP 650 mg TID
- Omeprazole 20mg QD
- Multivitamin QD
- Married to husband for 57 years
- No smoking, alcohol, limited daily exercise (short walks each morning)
Wt 113 lbs Ht 5â€™4â€ Na+ 138 K+ 4.0
BP 101/58, HR 52 Cl- 99 CO2 27
BUN 33 Cr 1.2
Gluc 109 INR 3.8
Elderly female with altered level of consciousness, no signs of bruising, bleeding, or other injuries.
- Review the Resources for this module and consider the impact of potential pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders introduced in the media piece.
- Review the case study for this Assignment.
- Select one of the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
- Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patientâ€™s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
- Consider how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes might impact the patientâ€™s recommended drug therapy.
- Think about how you might improve the patientâ€™s drug therapy plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient.
Write a 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study you were assigned.
- Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patientâ€™s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain how you might improve the patientâ€™s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements.
Write a comment: