- For this assignment, choose from the theories/models presented in the weekly lesson.
- Health Belief Model
- Transtheoretical Model of Behavioral Change
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Family Systems Theory
- Family Assessment and Intervention Model
- Praxis Theory of Suffering
- * choose any theory
- Search the library for literature. Locate 5 (five) articles related to the selected theories. You may use no more than two articles related to each theory/model.
- Sources should be related to nursing practice using the selected theory/model.
- Sources should be scholarly, relevant to the theory/model and to nursing, and published within the past 5 years. If source is older than 5 years,
- Prepare an annotated entry for each source. Begin with the full APA citation of the source, followed by 2-3 paragraphs:
- Summarize the article.
- Describe how the article relates to the chosen theory/model.
- Reflect on how the article could (or could not) be relevant to future Nurse Practitioner practice.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- The paper should include a separate title page using APA format. No
- reference page is necessary as the references will be incorporated into the body of the bibliography.
- Entries should be alphabetized by author.
- A minimum of 5 (five) scholarly references must be used. Required textbooks for this course, a
- References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them.
- In-text citations are not required in the annotated bibliography.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
Write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on theories used as a nurse practitioner:
As you contemplate your future NP practice, how do you view your role in using theory in practice?
Which of the theories “spoke” to you? What are some barriers you see to implementing theory in practice?