Requirements for Paper
This is to be a 4-5 page paper MAXIMUM, (not including the title and reference page) in APA format (7th ed) answering the following questions. You do not need an abstract.
- Identify a patient problem you have in you work setting.
- What formal structures are in place to help address the problem?
- What evidence (as in journals or professional sites) is there for addressing and investigating the problem?
- What barriers did you face in searching for evidence?
- What databases did you access for evidence and why? (be specific).
- Find a clinical practice guideline from a source that publishes guidelines, such as the American College of Cardiology CHF guidelines, that would be suitable for the problem you identified. (Google â€œpatient guidelines_____â€ for the topic you choose. Give an overview of the guideline. Critically appraise the guideline using the AGREE II Instrument posted below.
- discuss a clinical practice problem from your place of employment
- find and discuss a clinical practice guideline that would address that problem
- critique the guideline using the agree II instrument within the body of the paper.
- you do not need to write up the 23 questions within the agree II but can use the 6 domain headings that the questions fall under. This is not a yes or no response. It is to be an interpretation of the guideline as related to the AGREE II instrument.
- submit this as a 4-5 page, 6th or 7th ed APA paper not including the title and reference pages. No abstract.
- do not submit the Agree II instrument either in the paper or as a separate document as it is to be encompassed within the body of the paper.